Udyam / MSME Registration
Rs. 947/- (All Inclusive)
Udyam Registration / MSME Registratin
Udyam Registration / MSME Registration
Any person who intends to establish a micro, small or a medium enterprise may apply for online Udyam Registration on the Udyam Registration portal based on self-declaration. No documents, proofs or certificates are required to be uploaded.
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises on 26th June, 2020, notified revised classification of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. Accordingly the classification of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises is as below:
|Classification||Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipments||Turnover|
|Micro Enterprise||Upto Rs. 1 crore||Upto Rs. 5 crores|
|Small Enterprise||Upto Rs. 10 crores||Upto Rs. 50 crores|
|Medium Enterprise||Upto Rs. 50 crores||Upto Rs. 250 crores|
For the purpose of calculating the investment in plant and machinery or equipments, below mentioned points should be considered:
- The investment in plant and machinery or equipments is to be considered as per the last Income Tax Return.
- In case where there is no income tax return filed by the entity, the investment in plant and machinery or equipments has to be self declared by the promoter. In this case the GST portion of the cost should be excluded.
- Turnover of the entity as per the GST Returns will be considered
- For the purpose of calculation of turnover, the export turnover of goods or services will be excluded
How much does it cost for Udyam Registration?
Benefits of Udyam Registration / MSME Registration
Some of the main benefits of Udyam Registration / MSME Registration are listed as below:
- Banks may provide collateral free loans to Udyam Registered entities;
- Udyam Registered businesses are eligible to get Credit Linked Capital Subsidy;
- Udyam Registered businesses are eligible to get subsidy on credit rating;
- Udyam Registered businesses are eligible to get discount of Trademark & Patent filing fees;
- Udyam Registered businesses are eligible to get electricity at concessional rate;
- Udyam Registered businesses get protection against delayed payments;
- Udyam Registered businesses are offered reimbursements on Bar Code use
FAQs on Udyam Registration / MSME Registration
Udyam Registration or MSME Registration is a registration provided by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise to those business entities which fall within the classification of MSME.
A business, whether manufacturing or services sector, both are eligible to get themselves registered under Udyam provided they fall within the investment and turnover criteria defined by the ministry.
Yes, there is no Government Fee for Udyam Registration. It is provided free of cost by the Government.
Yes, you can do your own Udyam Registration by visiting the Government Udyam Registration portal. However, it is advised to take help of the expert to save time and avoid errors.
No, Udyam Registration is not mandatory.